Thursday, March 12, 2009

Adios

I'm off to Cape Town in the wee hours of Friday morning for an international commercial shoot next week. I'll try to check in on various blogs and update this one, but no promises.

If this is anything like the last away job I did, I'll be working 16 hour days and falling into bed too exhausted every night to think of blogging. And there's that little matter that I only have about 8,000 words to go on my first draft, so that is definitely going to be my first priority when I'm off the clock.

I am really going to miss my little girls over the coming week. They're sleeping at my mother's tonight so I haven't even left yet and already the thought of them is bringing tears to my eyes. I'll just have to close my eyes and imagine that wonderful place where I'm a published writer and able to quit the day job (or alternately, go back to freelancing and choose when and where to work). Eyes closing now ...

5 comments:

  1. Romy, I hate leaving my girls too. Even though I love the time without them, I miss them like crazy. Isn't motherhood wonderful?? ;-)
    Enjoy Cape Town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I don't like leaving mine either (although sometimes leaving the teen and almost teen can be quite nice. And quiet!)

    Just think of your trip as 2 jobs in one -- you could come up with the most marvellous plot for your next book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the week goes quickly for you Romy, see you when you get back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Romy look at it this way ...

    If you're busy, time will fly and you won't have time to miss the girls.

    If you're not too busy, you'll come back with a finished ms!

    Win/win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Joanne - sounds like great research material!! Have fun and don't miss the kidlets too much :)

    ReplyDelete