Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Marigold

Flicking through 101 TV channels with nothing on, I stumbled across this delightful Bollywood movie. If you can find it, I highly recommend it - especially if (like me) you love a bit of song and dance and some heart-warming romance.

Marigold is an obnoxious Hollywood actress who arrives in India to make a movie, only to discover that the film has been cancelled and she is stranded. She gets a job starring in a Bollywood movie and so begins a journey of discovery. The Indian hero has all the conflict and intensity of the true romantic hero, and I can really understand why Harlequin is doing a drive for stories set in India if this is the type of feel-good romance they produce.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one. Haven't seen a Bollywood movie yet - apart from Bride and Prejudice. Does that count? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly should count. I loved that version as it was true to the heart of the original story.

    ReplyDelete