Monday, August 31, 2009

Chick Flicks

There are some really great movies for women (and all other hopeless romantics) on circuit at the moment.

The Proposal has received coverage this last week over at Pink Heart Society. Despite the fact that the cinema had awful sound (at least we got free movie tickets afterwards to make up for it!) I loved this movie. It's definitely one for the keeper collection, and Ryan Reynolds is very drool-worthy.

The other recent movie I saw is My Life in Ruins. We chose this for the simple reason that it's set in Greece and we're off on holiday this coming week-end to a Greek island. I'm so glad we did! The movie was fun, full of both laughs and sighs.
Early on in the movie I had a few concerns about the leading man. Could they have not found a good-looking Greek actor for the role? Then about half way through he emerges bare-chested from the sea and I thought "Okay, so that's why he got the part! But couldn't they have at least found someone with a prettier face?" Then in the final scene he appears in a suit and I just knew why he'd been cast in the role. Yummy!


1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen either - I'm off to the video store ;)

    ReplyDelete