Monday, March 15, 2010

Enough with the travelogues

I haven't paid much attention to this blog lately, except to upload a bunch of pictures, and I hope you'll all forgive me. I'm very pleased though that it's given me the opportunity to spend time writing where it counts. And with my children; the only other thing that counts!

I've finally managed to push through the block I was experiencing on the revisions for Let's Misbehave and these are nearly complete. I hope to email them off to my editor in the next few days.

I've also finally managed to get a grasp on the story for my full length (Melissa and Enzo's story) and those word counts are now creeping upwards. Considering I've started this story five times, it's about time too!

Finally, I've started two short stories for a local writing contest, but they still need serious revisions. As soon as Let's Misbehave has been sent out, that's my next priority.

And what are you all working on, writing-wise?

5 comments:

  1. Hey Romy

    Sounds like you're all inspired writing-wised!

    I'm working on my full, which includes revisions, of a mss targetted at MH. It's giving me a bit of grief actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been working on several competition entries and reading research for Project C and a writing article :) and my latest blogpost on conflict in novels. Hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael - I empathise with the grief revisions can bring. But once you've sweated through them I'm sure you'll appreciate how much better the ms has become.

    Judy - I loved that blog post you wrote on conflict. For anyone who's interested, check it out here: http://judycroome.blogspot.com/2010/03/writing-tip-conflict-in-your-novel.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great going on the revisions, Romy. They're tough things to master eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have been busy :). Good luck with those revisions!

    ReplyDelete