Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Unputdownable

I have a confession to make.

Last night I agreed to a Minxy Write-a-thon and then dropped out.

I had every intention of spending at least an hour or so on my rewrites, but I was just so exhausted that the laptop screen was waving before my eyes (much like it's doing right now!) I need 8 hours a night of sleep to function well so the 5-6 hours I've been averaging lately is catching up with me. I climbed into bed early with every intention of getting a really good night's sleep. Before going to sleep I decided to read just one chapter of India Grey's recent novel Powerful Italian, Penniless Housekeeper.

I finally went to sleep at 1am. So much for a good night's sleep.

India Grey's books are unputdownable, so I should have known better. My pillow was soaked with tears and I just couldn't stop reading until Sarah got the Happy Ever After she so deserved.

If you haven't already read this one, do. It's worth sacrificing a night of sleep for. And worth my bleary eyes today too.

3 comments:

  1. India is on my auto-buy list. She is simply fantastic. That said, this one slipped through my fingers. Must hunt it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not reading, its vital research. (I love this job!) Love India's writing too, she's brilliant! She has a funny blog post about her cover on her site too, the 'India Grey lookalike meets Ricky Gervais)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Won this book from India in a comp and totally loved it!

    ReplyDelete