Monday, November 15, 2010

NaNo Days 12 - 14

I've completely depressed myself by checking my word counts from last year's NaNo. By the end of Day 13 last year, I had 25,000 words. Same day this year? 16,000.

This weekend has been a rollercoaster. I won't go into details, but personal trauma, burying myself in Gena Showalter's The Darkest Pleasure, and taking the daughters to a matinee of "Mamma Mia", have all interfered with my writing this week-end.

Here's hoping that the coming week sees a massive upswing in those word counts!

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up, Romy! I've done about 20 in 13 days. Words, not K!

    Hope 'personal trauma' is sorted.

    Lots of love,

    Rach.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're doing okay Romy. I started nanoing in October then had to stop as I got revisions. Finished them and came back to the nanoing but finding it really easy to get distracted. Have also realised I've written two chapters in the wrong order and am dying to go back and change them. But trying to be good and keep writing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. *HUGS* Romy! 16K is a fantastic word count! No more checking :) Actually I think NaNo frowns on it ;)

    ReplyDelete