Friday, February 25, 2011

Catch Me a Catch

The second of my amazing crit partners to be published was Sally Clements. Though Sally wrote Catch Me a Catch before we formed the Minxes of Romance, I was there when she made this first sale, and it was a memorable moment for us all.

Catch Me a Catch was released by The Wild Rose Press in July last year and I was quick to buy a copy. Not so quick to read it. Bad, bad Minx. Sally has my full permission to wield the Big Minxy Stick (usually reserved for slaying the crows of doubt, and other Minxy foes).

Sally, please accept my deepest apologies. I didn’t know what I was missing.

So that no-one else can use this excuse, I’m now going to tell you all what you’ve been missing if you haven’t yet read Catch Me a Catch.

  1. A hunky hero. A little ruffled at first, but he cleans up real well.
  2. A really likeable heroine who makes chocolate. Not just any chocolate, but those really fancy ones that make your mouth water and your senses come alive.
  3. A gorgeous setting. I would love to read more romances set in Ireland. Windswept beaches, pubs and ceilis, glamorous hotels and Grafton Street... what more could any reader want?
  4. A supporting cast of well developed, fascinating secondary characters.

At first, the story seems light-hearted and frothy. While Sally keeps this delightful, light tone going throughout, don’t be misled. This book may be centred around a Match Making Festival, but this story is not a comedy. It’s a romance with a great deal of depth, covering some truly heartfelt issues. You might laugh as you read this book, but you also might cry.

Finally, a private note of thanks from me to Sally: It has been a very long time since I visited Dublin. This novel helped me re-live some wonderful memories. I’d completely forgotten about Bewley’s! Your novel brought back all the sights and sounds of Dublin to me. Thank you, and I cannot wait to read your next novel, Bound to Love. This time, I’m definitely not going to wait so long!

Catch Me a Catch is available from The Wild Rose Press, Amazon, Amazon UK and All Romance eBooks.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romy, I've been away without access to internet for a few days, so have just caught up with your blog, to find a lovely review waiting for me! Thank you so much, and I'm so glad you liked it!
    x Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning cover! Really appealing. And the book sounds a great read, too.

    All best.

    ReplyDelete