Thursday, February 17, 2011

Juggling Briefcase and Baby

I loved Jessica Hart’s Oh-So Sensible Secretary, so I had high expectations for this linked ‘sequel’. Juggling Briefcase and Baby did not disappoint. Together, these two novels are the best examples of office romances I’ve ever read. They set a very high bench mark.

What really excited me about this book was that the heroine shared my name. I can honestly say that I have never read a novel with a character called Romy before! But what started out as a novelty became the only thing that disconcerted me about this novel. I’m not sure how readers with less unusual names handle it, but it was a little jarring to read love scenes (no matter how short!) or emotionally-charged scenes in which the heroine is addressed by my name!

I have just one more Riva launch novel to read (Nicola Marsh’s) but I can’t believe it’s mid February already and the next four are already piled up on my TBR pile. At this rate, I suspect I’m not going to be reading much else this year other than Riva!

3 comments:

  1. I loved it too Romy! I can honestly say that I've never read a novel with a character called Romy before either. It's a shame really because it's a darn fantastic name! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is in my tbr pile, Romy. Will put it at the top asap.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it too Romy! Although I agree it was jarring to read your name in a book, and must have been doubly so if I were you! I've never read my name as a heroine, mostly Sally's are names for dogs or horses!

    ReplyDelete