Friday, April 29, 2011

And yet another Royal Wedding blog post

Just in case you hadn't heard (yea, right!) it's Will and Kate's big day. I've cracked open the champagne on their behalf, so apologies if this post is full of spelling mistakes!

We've all seen The Wedding Dress (and wasn't it beautiful?) and there's nothing more that I can add to the many, many blog posts of the day, so I thought I'd dedicate a blog post to recent royal wedding dresses. There have been so many stunning dresses in the last decade or so, that Catherine Middleton really had a tough act to follow.

On the English royalty side:

Lady Davina Windsor, married in 2004 to New Zealand carpenter Gary Lewis

Her sister, Lady Rose Windsor, married in 2008 to Peter Gilman
Canadian Autumn Kelly, the Canadian who maried another grandson of the Queen, Peter Phillips


Then a few European royals:

Maxima Zorreguieta, the South American bride of Crown Prince Willem Alexander of the Netherlands





Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby, the single mum who married the crown prince of Norway

Letizia Ortiz, a former journalist and now the Crown Princess of Spain

Aussie Mary Donaldson, who married one of Europe's best looking Crown Princes, Frederik of Denmark.


And the most recent Royal bride:

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden

Today's star:

The new Duchess of Cambridge

But for me, the award for best dressed woman at today's wedding goes to ...Pippa Middleton.

(wish I had the figure for a dress like that!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I HAD to chime in to agree. Pippa was absolutely stunning. I oooh'd when I saw Kate's wedding dress, but when I saw Pippa I caught my breath. Hands down best dress of the day!

    ReplyDelete