Monday, April 18, 2011

Shipwrecked with Mr Wrong


This week over on the Minxes blog we're hosting Australian author Nikki Logan, whose book Shipwrecked with Mr Wrong is an April Riva release. Though I've stopped reviewing every Riva book I read, this one deserves special mention.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I call this an emotional tour de force. It is not a rollercoaster of emotions, but rather a very gentle, very poignant story that is sure to bring a lump to your throat, as it did to mine.

Shipwrecked is a fresh, unique spin on the age-old marooned on a desert island story. The hero and heroine are modern, identifiable people cast away on a tropical island paradise, and naturally they just happen to be the two worst people to be stranded together, the two who strike the most sparks off one another ...

Though I noticed that there were no fully consummated sex scenes (for those who like your Rivas on the steamier, Modern Heat side!) I didn't feel the lack of them. The sensual tension between this hero and heroine was exactly right for who they are. The heroine enforced her boundaries, and the hero respected them. But the chemistry sizzled all the more because of the emotional conflict causing those boundaries.

It's hard to review this book without spoilers, so I'm just going to suggest you read the book, as well as Nikki's interview on Wednesday over at the Minxes blog which will give some special insights into the story.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read it and it's really well executed. Made me want to escape to a desert island but perhaps one not quite that remote!

    ReplyDelete