Monday, August 15, 2011

If I'd known then ...

If I'd known that I was going to be coming home to yet another cold front, I'd have stayed away on holiday!

Last week I took my girls down to Durban, my home town, and the sunshine capital of South Africa. Okay, so there are probably many other places in SA that can prove they deserve that title, but for me it's always sunny in Durban. And did I mention ... it's WARM?


Though the holiday was sandwiched between two very long drives, it was well worth it. We built sand castles on the beach, watched the dolphin and seal shows at the aquarium, lunched at an old train station (now converted into a restaurant) and the girls got to milk cows at a fun farmyard.


And when they collapsed into bed at night, exhausted, I burnt the midnight oil working on Dear Julia, a 1920s novella I was invited to write by The Wild Rose Press' historical department.  So not much of a break for me, but the feeling of triumph and accomplishment I felt as I hit send last night (mere hours before the deadline!) was incredible.


3 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous Romy, Hope it recharged your batteries.
    Can vouch for Dear Julia, it's a fab read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and well done on completing your novella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look great, Romy. And a very well deserved holiday away, shame you had to write though, but Dear Julia was definitely worth it...a great story!

    (wow, the capcha was pride...that's spooky! I'm very proud of you for writing such a great story, how did it know?)

    ReplyDelete