Monday, October 3, 2011

Final September Challenge update

In the remaining few days of the September Challenge, I wrote an additional 2,169 words, bringing my grand total (if I calculated correctly!) to about 21,425 words.

Not too shabby, and better than none at all, but I really am quite cross with myself. I'm not going to use the day job or reading too many books as as an excuse, even though I did more reading this last month than I usually do, and the day job has been busy. Because life is always busy. And because life was busy in August too, yet somehow I managed to write just as many, if not more words then.

So here's hoping that October, without pressuring myself to meet any challenges, will be a prolific month.

On the plus side, I have two chapters and a pivotal moment, as well as a detailed synopsis, completed for Once Upon a Time, and When September Ends is now at 66k words, with only about another 20k to go to completion.

Thank you very much to Rachael, and everyone else who did the September Challenge, for helping me achieve this much.

1 comment:

  1. 21k is still an awesome wordcount, Romy. Good luck with finishing the ST...

    ReplyDelete