Friday, October 28, 2011

What happened to October?

The roller coaster ride that was New Voices is nearly over, and the carriage is slowing as it enters the station. And thank heavens! I've never been good with roller coasters, since every high has an inevitable accompanying low.

October has been a month of mixed blessings. I didn't make the NV Top 21, but I did get a great deal of valuable feedback, and a massive injection of new hope. If you haven't already read my entry, I'd still appreciate comments on Once Upon a Time.

My twin, Rae Summers, also had an emotional month, with both a sale and a form rejection. She's whipping up a fresh batch of champagne cocktails as I type, so please feel free to take a glass and raise it with me in celebration of October's demise. The champagne will keep flowing to sustain us through the slog that is November, and this virtual bubbly has the advantage of no calories and no alcohol so you can have as much as you like.

I'm not doing Nanowrimo this year, but I'll be right there alongside those of you who do, as I have two half-finished novels that I'm desperate to type 'The End' on. See you on the other side!


2 comments:

  1. I WANT some of that champagne!! And congrats on your alter-egos sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romy, I read the critique you received on NV - they loved it! 'A strong contender' sounds like you'll be asked to sub a partial! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you only just missed out on the top 21. Congratulations for getting such fantastic feedback from editorial, your entry certainly deserved it. And I'll raise my glass to the demise of October, but I'll raise my second to your fab critique and third to Rae's sale! x

    ReplyDelete