Monday, February 27, 2012

I am grateful for ... Monday mornings

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
-- Oprah Winfrey 

My closest friends know that I'm a devotee of The Secret and it's follow-up The Power. The first book covers the Law of Attraction - how it works and how to work it. For those who haven't read the book, the secret to having the life you want is Gratitude.

The truly amazing thing is that it works!

My kids started at a new school this year. It’s a really fantastic school, but across town from where I live and work, so the change involves a sacrifice of already precious time. But with every challenge comes opportunity and for me this extra-long commute has given me an hour of thinking time every day. An hour in which to thank the universe for all the blessings in my life, to notice the world around me, and to visualise what I want for my life.

What a change this commute has wrought in my life! I arrive at the day job calmer, happier, more positive, and the results have been phenomenal. Life has never been this good. And now I'm really grateful for Monday mornings and getting back to the commute.

"You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you."
-- Sarah Ban Breathnach

Have you had a similar experience? Let's share our gratitude. I can't think of a better way to start the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment