Thursday, April 5, 2012

The importance of toast buttering ... who knew?

To some, this might not be an important issue, but for me this is up there with "Who killed Kennedy?"

Until the day my mother told me I butter toast just like my grandfather, I never realised that people butter their toasts differently. I like to spread the butter (or these days margarine of the low fat / good fat, Heart-Foundation-endorsed variety) evenly and right up the the edges of the crust. One side only.
Not done properly, the toast becomes inedible.

Apparently this is an indication of my OCD nature which, it turns out, is inherited. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

And just to prove that I'm not alone in being concerned with how toast is buttered, check out this article from the UK's Daily Mail.

So how do you butter your toast?


2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I use butter - real butter and lots of it. In fact, there's normally more butter than toast (and then I wonder why I'm fat).

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, Suz. No margerine will ever taste as good as real butter. And my argument for butter is that at least it's a whole lot less processed!

      Delete