Friday, October 12, 2012

Playing Blog Tag

New Zealand author Cherie Le Clare has tagged me (thanks Cherie!) so for the second time this week I'll be sharing a bit about me, and passing on the favour.

The rules are:
** Give credit to the person/blog that tagged you
** Post the rules for the blog hop
** Answer the following ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) on your blog
** Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.

What is the working title of your book?
Waking Up In Vegas

Where did the idea come from for the book?
The idea came from the Katy Perry song of the same name, and the characters came from my 2009 Nano novel. But now they're getting a whole new story.

What genre does your book fall under?
Contemporary romance.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie version? 
If I were casting a real movie, I'd definitely be looking for different actors, but my inspiration for the characters are Heath Ledger and the kick-ass Maria Bello from Coyote Ugly.



 
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? 
Ouch. I really have to work on this, since it's required for the Nano Entangled bootcamp I've signed up for, but here's a start:  
A drifter with an easy come / easy go attitude to life wakes up in Vegas and finds herself married to a man who not only believes in true love but is determined to convince her they are destined to live happily ever after. Forever.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? 
Neither. I'll be pitching this direct to my publisher of choice.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? 
Firts time around this book took me 30 days to write (thanks, Nanowrimo!) but I have yet to begin the new, improved version.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? 
This is a hard one, since I don't really compare myself to other authors.

Who or What inspired you to write this book? 
Asked and answered above under Question #2

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
The majority of this book is set in the fictional principality of Westerwald, which is situated in the Rhine River area between France and Germany. The hero just happens to live in a magnificent medieval castle overlooking the river valley on one side and his extensive vineyards on the other.


If you've reached this part of my blog post, consider yourself tagged!

No comments:

Post a Comment