Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Behind the Scenes 1: Introduction

This year I'm going to take heed of that valuable advice to 'write what you know' and I'll be running a series of blog posts on the film industry.

Once a fortnight, I'll post a new Behind the Scenes, starting with a who's who of jobs within the film industry, as well as some of the funnier terms used by film makers. Later in the year I'll follow the process it takes to make a feature film, from the script right through to the premiere.

Film making is a hugely collaborative business, with literally hundreds of people involved in making even the simplest of movies (hence those lengthy credits lists at the end of every film). The TV adverts I work on these days employ on average anywhere from 50 to 80 people - and that's just for a 30 second ad!

So if you've ever had a question about how films are made, or who does what on a movie set, ask away and I'll answer your questions here.
Image courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net

4 comments:

  1. That sounds cool! I've always wanted to know what the heck is a gaffer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea for a series of blog posts, Romy! I want to ask, how many AD's are there usually on a production, and what exactly do they do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the questions. Your answers will follow in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic idea, Romy! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete