Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy new year!!

I can't remember when last I started a new year so full of energy, hope and excitement!

2013 has got off to a wonderful start. On January 1st I began my new contemporary novel, Time Heals, managing 1,304 words. According to my spreadsheet (thanks Minxes!) I've already completed 4%.

I've also started using my treadmill again. It needed a good dust off, but I've now used it every day for a week. My new motto is "begin as you plan to continue".

What am I hoping for this year? Aside from keeping up the writing pace I established during Nano, I'm hoping for feedback from the two publishers I currently have submissions with, and I'm hoping to get the way overdue feedback on my query for When September Ends so I can start shopping that to agents ... oh, and a big lottery win would be real nice.

Finally, I'm hoping for lots of reasons to pop open champagne this year, and happiness, health and posperity for everyone I know. And yes, that's you too.

How have you started the new year, and what are you hoping for from 2013?

Image courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net

2 comments:

  1. Lol I love your enthusiasm. I also am looking forward to having more novels published but that lottery win would be a bonus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Romy, and well done for such a positive start! I also love the beginning of a new year and have lots of items on the go and more to begin. All best for 2013.

    ReplyDelete