Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ring out the old, ring in the new

"Ring out the old, ring in the new
A midnight wish to share with you
Your lips are warm, my head is light
Were we alive before tonight? "

"It's New Year's Eve and hopes are high
Dance one year in, kiss one goodbye
Another chance, another start
So many dreams to tease the heart

We don't need a crowded ballroom
Everything we want is here
And face to face we will embrace
The perfect year."

- The Perfect Year, Sunset Boulevard (1994)

Years don't come much better than 2013. For me it was the year in which all the beginnings and fresh starts of 2012 grew into successes.

Last year saw me sign my first multi-book contract with a Big 6 publisher. My first two Romy Sommer books went on sale through Harper Impulse, and I self-published two of my Rae Summers novellas.

I'm even more excited for 2014!

This is going to be the year in which Harper Impulse achieves world domination with its Romance Revolution. It's the year in which the Minxes are going to make enough money out of their writing that more of us will become full time writers (and then we're setting our sights on Minx Manor!).
2014 is also the year that both of my beautiful little girls will be in Big School.
Onward and upward!!

Best wishes to everyone who has been there for me in 2013, and to all the new friends I will make in 2014. May your new year be blessed with all those things in life that bring you joy!

From www.wondrouspics.com



1 comment:

  1. A brilliant year, Romy! Love that poem. Wishing you a very happy, healthy and even more successful 2014!

    ReplyDelete