Sunday, February 22, 2015

Snippet Sunday: Not a Fairy Tale

Here's a short excerpt from Not a Fairy Tale for Snippet Sunday, especially for Oscar night.
This scene takes place on the beach at Point Dume, near Malibu, in the early hours of the morning after the Academy Awards.


He raised an eyebrow. “And you think I’m going to be able to teach you all that?”
She grinned, expression cheeky. “You’re the most badass person I know.”
“I’m not badass. I live in the suburbs and drink green tea.”
“What can I say? I don’t get out much.” She cast him a sideways glance, all but batting those too-long fake lashes of hers. “Besides, you wouldn’t really want me to go hang out in some biker bar to learn to be badass, would you?”
He frowned. Not that he believed she would, but even the mere thought of Nina in a bar full of drunken men was enough to make his fists clench. “It takes most people a lifetime to become badass. How much time do you have?”
“Six weeks. But I’m an actress. With the right training, I can fake it.”





9 comments:

  1. Nice snippet. I already have a sense for the characters and their relationship. (And I love the line about living in the suburbs and drinking green tea. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I like her reasoning. Great snippet, Romy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great snippet---I'd like to see if he can teach her that faking it isn't the only (or best) way to do things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that conversation. I bet with the training she already has, she can fake sincerity!
    Nice 8!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the line about the suburbs and green tea, and the line about being an actress, she can fake it. Both priceless lines! Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so funny! I don't know how badass she wants to be but she is already doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know about that.... Badassary can't be faked. Nice snippet... it's a great exchange between the characters.

    ReplyDelete