Monday, December 28, 2009

Game Plan

The last week has truly felt like a holiday, even though I haven't taken any leave from the day job. This is thanks to the sunny, warm weather we've enjoyed here in Johannesburg, long days spent beside the swimming pool, and the fact that I haven't written a word for a week.

In the meantime, my new story and characters have been sitting in the back of my head, quietly letting me get to know them. In the first week of January I'll start putting words on paper again and I've decided to do my own mini-Nano in January and February to write and polish this manuscript. I'm giving myself three months to send off a partial to 'my' editor at Mills & Boon. Which is going to be complicated by the massive job that has just come in at work and which will include lots of travel, but as the saying goes: where there's a will, there's a way. Thanks to Nanowrimo 2009 I know I can do it.

Roll on 2010 ...

7 comments:

  1. I'm doing a mini Nano during Jan/Feb as well, Romy. This time an editing nano to prepare my manuscript for its 3rd read through by Wild Rose. I echo your sentiments, where there's a will there's a way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Romy. I think I need to set myself a deadline too really.

    I'm very jealous about the swimming pool and sunshine BTW. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about this, too. I think 3 months is a good length of time. I did five hours of plotting last night, synopsis writing next :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Romy. It's great newsthat you got such excellent feedback from the Hqn comp, and it's a great opportunity.

    All the best for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with it Romy! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you can do it. Can't wait to hear more about the new story.

    Sunny, warm weather? I've forgotten what that's like. We're still thigh deep in snow - with more threatening (not that I want to whinge, but have to drive through it to the dreaded horrid day job tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Romy I'll be doing it with you! In the editing sense that is! I'll probably need to rewrite loads of the existing ms so we can motivate each other!

    Have a fab few days of the rest of this year - I know it'll be a year you will remember for a long time! :-) Next year is going to be so much better! Watch this space!

    ReplyDelete