Thursday, June 28, 2012

Yay - a Minxy sale!


I'm behind the times with the news, since the whole world has known about it for a full week, but at last I'd like to congratulate my Minxy CP, Joanne Pibworth, on her sale to Harper Collins.

Jo's book The Lighthouse will be published under the pen name Jodie James, and the lovely people at Harper Collins are running a contest on their Authonomy site to find the book a new name. You can find out more here.

Jo's call story is up on her blog, but the post that touched me most was this one she did for the Seven Sassy Sisters.

We Minxes shared the ups and downs of Jo's journey, but what's really moved me about her success, is what I've learned from her along the way.

I love that in spite of multiple rejections from her publisher of choice, having to re-think her career as a writer, then the 21 agent rejections she received on this book before it sold, she has remained strong and cheerful. Those rejections stung, but she never let them get her down. She kept faith in her story, and she never gave up. And that positivity and resilience has been rewarded.

Thanks Jo, for teaching me the value of hope!

1 comment:

  1. Romy! Thank you so much for this post, you have really touched me. I thank my lucky stars every day that you guys invited me to join the minxes, I can honestly say I wouldn't have got there without you all.
    Positivity is much easier when you have the lovely shoulders of friends to lean on, so thank you to you and all of the other minxes too. xxx

    ReplyDelete